Access to the Sea of Azov is economically and strategically vital for Ukraine, particularly for the east of the country. The incident on the Kerch Strait in December 2018 brought this hitherto little-illuminated dimension of the war in Eastern Ukraine onto the international agenda. Despite the exchange of prisoners and the return of the Ukrainian naval ships at the end of 2019, the situation on the ground has not improved much so far: new escalations can happen any time, while the situation of the ports and industry in the south of the Donbass is still fragile and the ecological challenges immanent. The representation of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Ukraine together with the NGO "Donbas Gates" are dedicated to this important region and invites you to the following English language online discussion via Zoom:
“Ukraine and the Sea of Azov: Economic bottleneck, security hot spot, ecological problem area and object of dispute under international law”
The discussion will take place on July 17th 2020, 11.00 Kyiv time/ 10:00 CET via Zoom
- Olena Zerkal, Advisor to the Chairman of the Board, Naftogaz Ukraine, Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine on European integration (2014-2019);
- Kostiantyn Demianenko, PhD, Deputy Director on Science, Institute of Fisheries and Marine Ecology (IFME);
- David Saha, Consultant, German Economic Team;
- Hanna Shelest, Editor-in-Chief, UA: Ukraine Analytica;
Alvydas Medalinskas, Political Analyst, Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius, Lithuania), Deputy Chairman of NGO ,,Donbas Gates" (Mariupol)
Marcel Röthig (Germany), Resident Representative of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Ukraine
The project is jointly implemented by the Representation of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Ukraine and the NGO “Donbas Gates” (Ukraine)
Please note the following technical and procedural aspects:
• After registering, you will receive an email confirmation with a personalized URL link to join the Zoom meeting.
• Zoom works with a PC, smartphone or tablet. The "Zoom Cloud Meeting" app can be found in the respective app store. Otherwise, a free client program for PC, Mac or Linux will be installed when you open your personalized entry URL. Please just follow the instructions.
• Data protection notice: FES only saves your registration data for administrative and accounting purposes and later deletes them on the zoom platform. Zoom follows the GDRP standards.
 After the registration you will receive a personal link to the Zoom-webinar. You will be able to access the seminar via that link.
Анатолій Колот, Оксана Герасименко, Катерина Ямолюк-Крьок (ред.)
Валерія Рибак, Назарій Боярський
Надія Бурейко, Геннадій Максак, Ганна Шелест