Starting Date: 01 May 2020
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Duration: 12 months, extension desirable
Application Deadline: 11th March 2020
Who we are:
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is an independent, private and non-profit organization headquartered in Germany. Promoting social democracy and development worldwide, contributing to peace and security and shaping globalization politically – these are the goals and guidelines of our international work. At the heart of this work is a worldwide network of offices and partners with which the FES conducts educational and advisory activities in over 100 countries. The FES Project Office Belarus is based in Kiev/Ukraine and is currently looking for a project coordinator for its activities in Belarus.
Your role and tasks:
- Coordination of programs with FES partners in Belarus and in the region
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of project activities (national / international workshops, seminars, conferences, consultancies for policy and advocacy support, networking)
- Strategic development of FES project activities in Belarus
- Identifying new partners / project activities
- Monitoring and analysis of political developments within Belarus and the region
- Quality assurance evaluation of all activities, including reporting
- Maintaining and enlarging contact to FES partners in Belarus (government, civil society, politics, media, academia)
- Public representation of the FES; coordinating public outreach, incl. social media.
- Preparation and review of project budgets and oversight of program logistics
- Preparation of financial documents and procedures
What we expect:
- MA degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences (Politics, Economics, Sociology, International Relations) or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of working experiences in project planning, coordination and implementation. Experience with conceptualizing and conducting seminars/trainings is a plus.
- Strong interest in socio-political developments in Belarus
- Sound analytical skills, high interest in politics, familiarity with the values of social democracy
- Pronounced political sensitivity and diplomatic talent
- Excellent command of written and spoken Russian as well good command of English and/or German
- Strong intercultural communication skills. Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and other office software
- Readiness to travel to Belarus frequently (1-2 times/month)
- Ukrainian citizenship or willingness to stay in Ukraine permanently
What we offer:
- Full time position (40h/week)
- One year contract with the possibility of extension
- Competitive salary including health insurance.
- Friendly working environment and meaningful tasks
Are you interested?
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and relevant references in one document!) in English or German by Wednesday, 11th March 2020, to email@example.com. Please indicate “Job Application: Project Coordinator Belarus” in the subject line of your email.
Володимир Саріогло, Марина Огай, Тамара Буренко
Людмила Порохняк-Гановська, Марина Руденко, Д-р Марта Кічоровська-Кебало, Марфа Скорик, Олена Давліканова